This Roasted Squash, Curried Chickpea and Kale autumn salad is one of my favourite creations to date 🧡 It makes the perfect side for so many dinners and looks amazing on the table if you’re entertaining!
It’s also packed with nutrients like cruciferous veg and healthy fats that your hormones will thank you for!
Makes: 1 large salad
- 1 squash
- 1 bag of kale
- 8ish Tbsp Olive oil (use good quality EVOO)
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Half tsp ground cumin
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 avocado
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Half block of feta
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat fan oven to 180*C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Peel squash, cut in half length ways and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle squash with olive oil and put in the oven. Roast for about 40 minutes until soft.
- Wrap the 3 peeled garlic gloves in tin foil with a little drizzle of olive oil and roast with squash. The roasted garlic cloves are used to infuse the olive oil for the salad dressing.
- Drain chickpeas and place them on a kitchen towel to absorb excess moisture.
- In a medium bowl, add 2 Tbsp olive oil, curry powder, paprika, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Toss chickpeas in oil/spice mix until evenly coated and place them on the lined tray.
- Roast chickpeas with squash for circa 20 minutes until crispy.
- When ready, remove chickpeas and squash from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut squash into chunks.
- Prepare kale: wash and remove leaves from stalks.
- Prepare salad dressing: put about 4 Tbsp olive oil in a bowl with the roasted garlic cloves, sea salt & pepper. Crush garlic to let in infuse the oil and leave for as long as possible.
- When you’re ready to serve:
- Remove large chunks of garlic from dressing using a fork
- Place kale in large serving bowl and massage oil dressing into leaves
- Add squash pieces, avocado chunks, pomegranate seeds, chickpeas and crumbled feta
- Sprinkle with sea salt & serve!