Seed cycling is a technique that, in addition to diet, lifestyle and supplements can naturally help your body regulate sex hormone levels (oestrogen & progesterone).
Four different seeds are rotated according to which phase of the menstrual cycle you’re in:
- Pumpkin & flax seeds in the Follicular Phase
- Sesame & sunflower in the Luteal phase
These Energy Balls are a delicious way to get your seeds in and you can simply swap the seeds to sesame and sunflower if you’re in the luteal phase of your cycle!
- 1 cup oats
- Half cup ground flaxseed
- Half cup ground pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Half cup honey
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a tablespoon size amount and roll/squish it into a ball shape.
- Cover and put in the fridge to chill for an hour and they’re ready to eat!
They will stay fresh for about 2 weeks when kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
I always recommend buying your seeds whole and freshly grinding them (I use my Nutribullet for this!) right before you use them! This is because the fabulous nutrients in the seeds are very susceptible to oxidation when they’re ground.