This is the BEST granola recipe and it’s SO simple to make. I absolutely love granola, it’s so versatile and literally goes with everything .. Greek yogurt & fruit for breakfast, with milk as a snack or even as a topping for oats & smoothies – the possibilities are endless!
BUT, it can be really hard to find a good quality granola in the shop that isn’t loaded with added sugar and cheap oils that doesn’t set you back €5 for a tiny bag!! For this reason, I’ve always made my own and this recipe is full of all the hormone friendly fibre, magnesium and healthy fatty acids … it also just tastes amazing!
CRUNCHY COCONUTTY GRANOLA
Course: Breakfast, Snacks Difficulty: Easy
- 400g oats (I like to use jumbo oats!)
- 50g flaked almonds (or any combo of your favourite nuts)
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 90g honey (you can use any sweetener you like, maple syrup etc.)
- 50g ground flaxseed
- 120g coconut oil
- 120g dried fruit (I like a mix of sultanas and dried apricots/goji berries)
- Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Preheat fan oven to 150°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl (except coconut and dried fruit).
- Gently melt coconut oil. Add honey to the melted coconut oil & stir.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients together and stir throughly to coat mixture evenly.
- Spread granola onto the oven trays.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until lightly golden, toss mix half way.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool.
- Add dried fruit and desiccated coconut.
- Store in an air tight container.