If you’re looking for a low cal, high fibre, gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe … this is NOT it (lol). This brownie recipe is the only one you’ll ever need, they’re the perfect balance between rich gooeyness and sweet milk chocolate – pure heaven!
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
Course: Desserts Difficulty: Easy
- 170g Butter
- 110g Dark chocolate (choose a good quality one that’s at least 70%)
- 100g Sugar
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 65g Plain flour, sieved
- 45g Cocoa powder, sieved
- 150g Chocolate, cut into chunks (I use a mix of milk & dark chocolate)
- Icing sugar to dust, optional
- Preheat fan oven to 175°C and line a 6×6″ tray with parchment paper
- Melt butter and dark chocolate together in a medium bowl over a pot of gently simmering water
- In a separate bowl, whisk the brown and white sugar with the eggs and vanilla extract on high until the mixture becomes thick and light in colour (5-6 minutes)
- Add the melted butter & chocolate to the egg mix and whisk on low until combined
- Gently stir in flour, cocoa and salt with a spatula until the mixture is smooth
- Stir in the chocolate chunks
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined baking tray and smooth with the spatula
- Bake brownies for approximately 20 minutes – be careful not to overcook them, you want them to be slightly underdone in the centre to give that fudgey gooeyness!
- Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool in the tray. Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and cut into squares
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream!